As founder of Rebecca Bitzer & Associates, I thought you would enjoy a monthly blog focusing on each of our dietitians AKA My Time to Brag about our AMAZING team. This month, I am featuring our dietitian Alex Raymond.
Alex has been with Rebecca Bitzer & Associates for FIVE years! Originally from New Jersey, Alex grew up cooking with her “Nonna” in the kitchen, where her love of food first started. During high school, Alex discovered her enjoyment for running and with that, learned how important it is to fuel properly, but also how difficult it can be to fuel properly! Alex uses both her nutrition knowledge and personal experience to support her clients in enjoying food and eating nutritiously. Alex graduated from the University of Maryland with honors.
Here is what clients are saying about Alex:
I had a great first appointment with Alex and look forward to working with her in the future. She took a lot of notes on my goals, preferences, and habits so I’m very optimistic about continuing to receive tailored advice going forward.
The appointment went really well. I have been doing my best to make some health adjustments. Alex provided me with good resources and things to work towards/monitor. I found her very helpful and welcoming.
My visit, my first to any dietitian, was a very positive and helpful visit. Alex helped my wife & I understand in what direction my diet should go. Our discussion was beneficial and was accomplished in a professional manner. I’m looking forward to achieving my goals & hope to show a slight improvement for my next visit.
ALEX IN ACTION:
Alex helps empower Registered Dietitians to REBEL against dieting and help dietitians utilize personalized nutrition made simple. Here she is in Boston, Massachusetts with our team.
Here she is at a National Eating Disorder Association Fundraiser where our team walked and raised over $2,000.
And here Alex is in action at our team building in which we did stand-up paddleboarding (SUP) in Annapolis, MD.
TOP BLOGS WRITTEN BY ALEX:
WHERE CAN YOU SEE ALEX:
Alex sees clients in our Columbia and Greenbelt, MD locations.
WHAT ARE HER SPECIALITIES:
Her specialties include:
- Eating Disorder Recovery
- Empowered Dining Meal Support for clients who need help following their meal plan.
- Sports nutrition for athletes especially distance runners.
She also enjoys working with clients with:
- Weight management
10 FACTS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ALEX
- My family is Italian. I have some distant cousins who live in Croatia and we visit them every so often. They always cook us yummy, traditional Italian food. Their homemade wine is awesome too 🙂
- I have ran 3 marathons; my last one being the New York City Marathon in November of 2016. It was a blast.
- If I had to describe myself in one word it would be “unicorn,” that’s because I believe I am one of a kind and that I have something special to offer the world that no one else does 🙂
- Trying new recipes and cooking is a form of self care for me. My week doesn’t feel complete without meal prepping and Sunday night dinners with friends!
- Friends is my absolute favorite TV show. In conversations with people, 99% of the time I relate it to an episode. It’s a special talent.
- Gnocchi, Italian potato pasta, is my #1 favorite food! But only when my Nonna makes it!
- I love to travel! Recently, I’ve been to The Galapagos and am planning a trip to Cuba and Belize. Look out world!
- Summer concerts are so much fun! My favorite band to see is Dave Matthews Band and anything country.
- When I was younger, I thought I would be a singer. Life led me down a different path and thank God it did because I’m not talented at singing (even though I pretend to be a rockstar while driving).
- My reasons why I love being a dietitian have evolved over the years. But, I have to say it truly warms my heart when I can help my clients feel more confident in their food choices. I learn a lot from my clients! Sometimes I think they teach me more than I teach them 🙂
HOW CAN YOU CONNECT WITH ALEX?
If you are an athlete or simply want to have more energy, Alex is the dietitian for you. AND, if you are struggling with overeating, undereating or are stressed about your eating, contact us to set up a consultation with Alex at 301-474-2499 or email@example.com