Mediterranean Chicken Panini
- 2 slices bread
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 oz chicken breast, cooked, sliced or shredded
- 1 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp sun-dried tomato chopped
- 1 Tbsp bell pepper roasted red, chopped
- 3 basil chopped
- Lightly butter 1 side of each piece of bread. Place remaining ingredients onto an unbuttered side of bread. Top with the other slice of bread, butter side out. Cook in a skillet over medium heat until golden brown, then flip until other side is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Note: This can also be done in a panini press or George Foreman type grill.
Have you found yourself sick of your regular old chicken breast lately, but not up for cooking a big fancy lunch? I hear this from friends all the time “I’m tired of eating a plain chicken breast”. I don’t blame you! Here’s an easy recipe that really doesn’t require much more than what you can find in your average pantry, and it will give you a nice little get away to somewhere in the Italy for your lunch break.
We also happen to think this Mediterranean Chicken Panini recipe is pretty fun – you can mix and match different ingredients to whatever your preference is. If you like gruyere cheese better than mozzarella, you could end up more on the Smokey and nutty side of Italy. Not a fan of sun-dried tomatoes? Swap them out with bell peppers. Are you an avocado addict? (Us too!) Feel free to throw a couple slices on before you toss on your cheese. And our personal favorite touch, serve this on a cool fall or winter day with a nice hot cup of tomato soup!
If you like our style of mixing and matching ingredients to personalize and customize your meals, we have plenty of recipes for you and also some Mayhem to Mealtime meal plans to help you avoid getting into a cooking rut. Take a look at these valuable resources: