Chicken Thighs with Cranberries and Butternut Squash
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 1/2 cup cranberries plus 1 cup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 lb butternut squash cubed
- 1 tbsp thyme chopped
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray sheet pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine 1/2 cup cranberries, olive oil, worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Pulse until smooth.
- Place chicken thighs in a large gallon bag, and add cranberry mixture. Seal and place in fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour, and up to 12 hours.
- Place butternut squash and remaining cranberries on prepared baking sheet.
- After placing the butternut squash and cranberries in the pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, and chopped thyme.
- Nestle chicken among the squash/cranberries, skin side down, and pour remaining marinade over chicken pieces. Bake for 40 minutes, flipping chicken halfway through. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, switch oven to broil setting to slightly char chicken skin.
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.