It’s no surprise there is a relationship between optimal performance and proper nutrition. Food is, after all, the fuel for your body. If you are an active individual or consider yourself to be an athlete, what better person is there to turn to besides a sports nutritionist to take a look at your diet and help you fuel your body to achieve top performance?
Our Registered Dietitians offer a variety of services to our clients, one of which is high quality nutrition education for athletes. Seeing a Registered Dietitian that specializes in sports nutrition can have a whole host of positive effects on your performance. See below how we can help you reach this peak performance and how you can get started with a sports nutritionist!
Here is what a sports dietitian can do for you:
- Analyze your dietary intake energy and energy balance how it may affect athletic performance
- Counsel you on nutrition for optimal training, getting in the best combination of nutrients before and after training/competitions
- Help you achieve and maintain the level of body mass (fat and muscle) that is associated with best health and performance
- Create for you an individualized meal and snack plans and assist you with timing of these meals and snacks
- Provide you with information on proper hydration and work with you to come up with a plan
- Address your nutrition challenges, for example, food allergies, GI issues, and iron depletion/anemia
- Counsel you on nutrition to avoid injuries and how to properly recover from an injury
- Work with your coach or trainer or physical therapist to coordinate care
- Evaluate and advise on supplements
- Educate you on the nutrition basics, assure proper selection at the grocery store and answer questions related to food, nutrition and overall health and wellbeing
Are you ready to become A Stronger You? Contact us today at 301-474-2499 for more information on our Sports Nutrition Programs.
Rebecca Bitzer loves to empower Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs) and their clients. Co-author of Welcome to the Rebelution: Seven steps to the nutrition counseling practice of your dreams and Taste the Sweet Rebellion: Rebel against dieting.