Your Guide to Insurance and Medical Nutrition Counseling/Therapy (MNT) Coverage.
Will Insurance cover my visit with a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist?
Insurance coverage will vary based on your specific insurance plan. Although we are more than happy to answer questions you have about insurance, you may find it helpful to call your insurance company directly. Below are some questions you might ask your insurer to learn more about your coverage for medical nutrition therapy (nutrition services).
- Does my insurance plan cover for the CPT (current procedural terminology) codes 97802 and 97803? These are the codes for the initial and follow-up appointments with a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist.
- What is the coverage for a specialist’s office? (Rebecca Bitzer and Associates is considered a “specialist office”; this may differ from a hospital or primary care setting.)
- Do I need a referral or a pre-authorization? (If yes, please bring your referral with you! Please let RBA know if your insurance requires a preauthorization.)
- For which diagnoses will my insurance cover nutrition counseling? Some insurance companies will only cover for certain diagnoses. The most common covered diagnoses include diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and kidney disease. Please contact RBA if your insurance company is asking about specific diagnosis codes. We can provide these for you.
- How many sessions or units will my insurance cover?
- What are my out-of-network benefits for nutrition counseling? If you have out-of-network benefits, RBA will be more than happy to provide you with detailed receipts to submit to insurance.
- Do I have a deductible? How much is it and how much have I paid already?
It is recommended to obtain a reference number for your call.
Insurance Participating Providers
Here is an overview of what different insurance providers cover. RBA participates with the following insurance companies:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Johns Hopkins EHP
Please contact us at 301-474-2499 if you would like more information. This information changes periodically so we are happy to help you any way that we can. You can also contact your insurance company for more information regarding your specific plan.