Telehealth dietitian visits are possible for all new patient visits and follow-ups!
We have always provided Telehealth appointments for nutrition counseling and we are completely geared up to help you have the best virtual experience with a Registered Dietitian. Telehealth dietitian visits give us the opportunity as health care professionals to provide the best care virtually. Are you ready to make lifelong changes with one-on-one support from a nutrition professional, all from the comfort of your own home?
Call us at 301-474-2499 to make your virtual appointment
Our administrative team works while our dietitians are providing virtual appointments. You can connect with our admin team during the following hours via phone 301-474-2499 or emailing at [email protected]:
Monday- Thursday 8 am – 7 pm
Friday 8 am – 4 pm
Steps to a Successful Telehealth Dietitian Appointment:
- Reach out to our office and set up a Telehealth appointment.
- Fill out registration forms prior to your appointment one of 3 ways:
- You will receive an email from us to set up your patient portal and fill out paperwork prior to your appointment. You can fill out these forms online and securely send them to your online portal. This is the best way to complete your registration forms.
- Or you can download forms, fill them out, scan, and email them back to us.
- Or you can request that the forms be mailed to you, fill them out, and send them back to our main office in Greenbelt. Unfortunately, this is the slowest way to communicate.
- You will get a reminder email or text about your virtual appointment with a link to your appointment. You’ll click on this link at the time of your appointment to meet virtually with your dietitian. If you lose this link, you can find it by searching for your dietitian’s name below or in your inbox. You can also call our office at 301-474-2499 or email us at [email protected] for the link.
What do I need to know about Telehealth Dietitian Visits?
Here at Rebecca Bitzer & Associates, we use Doxy.me, which is a website that provides a HIPAA compliant platform for video sessions with our clients! Email [email protected] or call us at 301-474-2499 to set up your first session!
How do I use Doxy.me?
Doxy.me is a very simple Telehealth platform to use. No need to download any software! Just click on your RD’s unique link at the time of your appointment and enter your name. You’ll then be in the virtual waiting room where your dietitian will initiate the call. You can also search for your dietitian link below so that you never lose it!
What if I don’t have the unique link?
Give us a call at 301-474-2499 or email us at [email protected] so that our admin team can resend you that link! The good news is that the link stays the same for every appointment with your dietitian. You can also log in by entering your dietitian’s name below.
Enter your Dietitian’s Room Name
Who are you here to meet with?
You can use this convenient link or you can use the link that our team sent you when you set up your first appointment with us.
What device do I need in order to use Doxy.me?
You can use a computer or smartphone to connect on Doxy.me. Here you can find the specific compatibility requirements.
Are Telehealth dietitian visits covered by my insurance?
Because these are medical nutrition therapy visits that are with our team of Registered Dietitians (participating providers), your insurance will be billed for the service provided. If you have a copay, we will either charge your credit card on file for your visit or we will provide a bill.
What can I do to prepare for my Telehealth dietitian visits?
1. Check your internet speed
If you are using a computer, the browsers Google Chrome or Firefox work best. Safari works and easily connects via your smartphone. It is also very helpful to have fast enough internet speed to handle the software. You can check your internet speed here. A few things to try that can increase your speed is to:
- connect via ethernet (vs wifi)
- close other programs/windows
- avoid downloading any large files during the session
2. Prepare your space
We ask that you set yourself up for success. This means limiting your distractions. Find a quiet place to take the call. This could be in your office at work (if able), in your car (but not while you are driving), or in a quiet room of your house. Make sure to close the door, turn off the TV/music, and separate yourself from noise/distracting pets.
3. At the time of your appointment
At the time of your visit, click on your link or your provider’s name above and you will be directed to a “virtual waiting room.” When the dietitian is ready to see you, they will initiate a secure, HIPPA compliant video call in a private room with the door closed. Your privacy and confidentiality will be maintained as if you were in the office.
What people are saying about their first Telehealth appointment:
It was my first teleconference with Kaitlin. The app was easy to use once I figured out how to start. Thank you for offering this option.
Shelley is totally amazing
Just as helpful as in person!
Klara is awesome! Thank you for all you do.
Kaitlin is very good at keeping me focused on what I need to do. She is pleasant to work with and a great young professional. I understand why my doctor referred me to this practice. Thank you,
We can help you set up your Telehealth dietitian visits
We are grateful for advancing technology and the ability to meet with people both in person and through Telehealth. If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at (301) 474-2499 or email us at [email protected] for more information. Your privacy is important to us, which is why we use a HIPAA compliant service, as well as ensure that your sessions are private and never recorded.
Hear from our Registered Dietitians!
Dietitian Dana describes what happens during a telehealth appointment with her in this video.
Digestive Dietitian Kathleen talks about what happens with a telehealth appointment with her:
Want to learn more about Rebecca Bitzer & Associates and how our team can help with your condition? Follow us on social media:
Interested in the recipes and blogs our dietitians have written? Check these out!
- 5 Diabetic Friendly Options to Order At Chick-fil-A
- 3 Diabetes Friendly Options to Get at Chipotle
- 20 Easy Low FODMAP Snacks if You Are Struggling with IBS
- Chocolate Coconut Energy Bites
We look forward to seeing you with our online counseling services!
Request a Consultation
Rebecca Bitzer loves to empower Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs) and their clients. Co-author of Welcome to the Rebelution: Seven steps to the nutrition counseling practice of your dreams and Taste the Sweet Rebellion: Rebel against dieting.