Gluten Free Snickerdoodles
- 2-1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum If your gluten free flour has Xantham gum already, you can omit this
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or vegan butter to make this dairy free
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Whisk flour, xantham gum, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt together in small bowl.
- Beat sugar and melted butter together.
- Add eggs and vanilla to butter mixture until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- If dough is too sticky, cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl for rolling.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop a ball of cookie dough. Roll in cinnamon sugar mixture and place on baking sheet. Press down gently, to slightly flatten.
- Bake smaller cookies for 7-8 minutes or larger cookies for 9-10 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack.
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.