How We Can Help
Are you concerned that your child is:
- growing too fast or too slow?
- avoiding essential food groups?
- being teased or body shamed by family members, peers or health care professionals?
- being secretive about eating?
- struggling with nutrition related health issues
- asking to be a vegan or vegetarian
- very stressed during mealtimes
We love working with kids and their family members, pediatricians, counselors and school. We are here to help in whatever way makes the most sense to you and your kid’s individual needs.
We do NOT put kids on diets. We work with the principles of division of responsibility for eating. Caregivers are in charge of what the child eats and the child figures out how much food. To learn more about our approach, take a look at this blog that discusses healthy weights for kids.
Our approach targets behavioral changes in combination with nutrition education which has been proven to be the most effective treatment for pediatric nutrition care. Healthy nutrition is crucial for growing strong, healthy bodies!
Essential food groups for proper growth and development
How to make food fun for all members of the family
How fun foods can fit into a healthy lifestyle
Build confidence in picking healthy food choices
Read nutrition and ingredient labels for identify high-quality, nutritious foods
Balance snacks to emphasize nutrient-dense foods, while keeping food fun
Grow into a healthy body
Feel confident in their understanding of how food helps us grow
Life-long healthy relationship with food
“My boys were wild and crazy and it didn’t throw her off one bit. I got some good information and handouts to help me modify their diets “
“Allie was very compassionate, knowledgeable, and has a good ability to teach.”
“Allie was very friendly and helpful”
Services for Pediatrics
- Growth chart mapping
- Anthropometric assessments
- Family-friendly recommendations for picky eating
- Coordination of care with parents and health providers
- Primary prevention of chronic disease
- Recipes and recommendations for food allergies or intolerances
- Inborn errors of metabolism counseling
Testing for Pediatrics
Registered Dietitian Articles on Pediatrics
Ten Easy Tips for Parents of a Picky Eater
Seven Kid-friendly Lunch Box Ideas
Six tips to help your child if you are worried about their weight
How to get your kids cooking