Should You Take Vitamins?
We Can Help You Find Out With Vitamin and Mineral Testing!
We are happy to offer our clients access to cutting edge laboratory services to help manage their health. One of these is through SpectraCell Laboratories which evaluates 35 nutrients to access nutrient deficiencies.
Alpha Lipoic Acid
Immune Response Score
View the Vitamin and Mineral Testing Sample Report here.
Process of getting your results:
- Meet with your Registered Dietitian in order for them to review your medical history, family history, symptoms, and goals. Your dietitian will be able to evaluate if this testing is a good option for you!
- Join us on our monthly blood draw to get the blood work taken. We have a certified phlebotomist in our Greenbelt and Columbia offices monthly. Your dietitian can schedule you for this at your initial appointment.
The test is not fasting. However, if you are getting other lab work drawn at the same time the other testing may require fasting so check with your dietitian.
- The blood work will be sent out that day by our office.
- Results typically come back to us within 4 weeks, our office will alert you when we have received them in order to follow up for an appointment to discuss your results. You will be given multiple copies and we urge you to share with your doctors!
What’s next if you need to take supplements?
As nutrition professionals, we will always believe in food first. The nutrients in food work together to bring us good health and it is impossible to achieve optimal nutrition with a SAD diet and pills. However, quality supplements that are carefully vetted and individualized, paired with proper testing to evaluate need and effectiveness, can be an important aspect of your nutritional care.
- 85% of US population does not eat enough vegetables
- Our food supply has lost 15-50% of the nutrients it had since the 1940’s
- Medications can deplete your nutrient stores
How to choose supplements
- Is it tested by a 3rd party for purity, effectiveness, and safety?
- Is it consistent from pill to pill?
- Does it survive the digestion process?
- Does it have an expiration date?
- Does it have unnecessary additives?
How to purchase supplements
Remember: The most expensive supplement is one that doesn’t work!
Dana uses her advanced training in functional nutrition and food sensitivities to help her clients love and trust food again as they heal from years of painful symptoms that have dominated their lives. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Survival Guide.
Thank you for this information. Do you provide phone consults (free or paid)? I was diagnosed with gastritis (I’m 41) a couple years ago, put on inhibitors?? But am still having stomach aches, gas, bloating, and now my finger joints seem to be swelling. I’d love some guidance as would really like to diagnose (perhaps with the mineral testing?) before another course of treatment.
Hi Tara! We do provide phone consults, and we do accept insurance. Our team can reach out to you if you leave your information here: https://rbitzer.com/contact/