Banana Walnut French Toast Bake
- 7 cups whole grain bread cubed
- 7 large eggs
- 2 cups almond milk
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 Banana sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- Cooking Spray
- Spritz baking pan with cooking spray and add bread cubes to the pan.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, almond milk, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- Pour mixture over top of the bread cubes in the pan, pushing the bread down with a spoon to soak it up.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the sliced bananas. Spritz the sliced bananas with cooking spray while they cook until lightly browned.
- Add bananas to the bread cube pan, pressing the slices into the cracks. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Bake at 375°F for 1 hour.
- Take french toast bake out of the oven. Heat almond butter in microwave and lightly drizzle over the bake. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon
As a certified LEAP therapist, Dietitian Kathleen can help you solve your digestive difficulties with cutting edge research and state of the art protocols. Co-author of Cooking with Food Sensitivities Survival Guide.