Banana Walnut French Toast Bake
- 7 cups bread whole wheat, cubed
- 7 large egg
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon plus extra to sprinkle on top at the end
- 1 1/2 banana sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- cooking spray
- Spritz baking pan with cooking spray and add bread cubes to the pan.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, almond milk, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- Pour the mixture over top of the bread cubes in the pan, pushing the bread down with a spoon to soak it up the liquid.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the sliced bananas. Spritz the sliced bananas with cooking spray while they cook until lightly browned.
- Add bananas to the bread cube pan, pressing the slices into the cracks. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Take french toast bake out of the oven. Heat almond butter in microwave and lightly drizzle over the bake. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon
As those of us in the healthcare field say, ‘Breakfast is the most important meal of the day”, we have lots of breakfast recipes. We agree that breakfast is super important, so what else do we recommend in addition to our French Toast Bake, take a look below:
We love recipe compilation blogs so that we can share a bunch of our favorite recipes in one spot. Here is a favorite recipe compilation blog: TEN On the Go Breakfasts to make when you are short on time
If you happen to be following a Low FODMAP diet, we have an excellent blog. Our all-time most popular blog is our recipe compilation of 10 Low FODMAP friendly breakfast recipes.
More of our favorite breakfast recipes include that may be completely new to you include:
For more breakfast tips, take a look at the clever blog: 12 Foods to Never Eat for Breakfast
As a certified LEAP therapist, Dietitian Kathleen can help you solve your digestive difficulties with cutting edge research and state of the art protocols. Co-author of Cooking with Food Sensitivities Survival Guide.