Our delicious Mushroom Vegetarian Frittata has eggs, leeks and arugula. What are leeks? Leeks have many similar health benefits to garlic and onions. They have antioxidants and contain folic acid, iron and vitamin A.
Leek, Arugula and Mushroom Frittata
Leeks have many similar health benefits to garlic and onions. They have antioxidants and contain folic acid, iron and vitamin A.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup leek thinly sliced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup mushroom
- 8 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup cheese Monterey Jack
- 3 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 oz goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Melt the butter and olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the leeks to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add in the garlic and cook for an additional minute or two. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add in the arugula and mushrooms.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Add in the Monterey Jack cheese, parsley and pepper and mix well. Add the egg mixture to the skillet and sprinkle with salt.
- Stir the eggs gently until soft curds form. Turn the heat down to low and allow the mixture to cook for another 5 minutes or so without stirring, just until the edges begin to set.
- Remove the skillet from the stove and sprinkle the goat cheese all over the top. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook for 10 minutes, or until the eggs have set. Turn the broiler on and cook for an additional 2 minutes to get the top a golden brown.
- Allow the frittata to cool for just a few minutes before slicing and serving warm.
Inspired by The Chef Next Door
Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 30g | Sodium: 692mg | Potassium: 340mg | Fiber: 1g
Do you know the difference between a quiche and a frittata? Even as an RD, I didn’t know the answer off the top of my head .
Quiches have a buttery, yummy crust, while frittatas have no crust. But we love them just as much! A frittata is the perfect dish before it could be a breakfast, lunch and even a dinner! This would also be a super easy recipe to meal prep if you are a beginner cook or have limited time.
If you like our Mushroom Frittata, you will probably like some of our other frittata recipes including Spinach Frittata and Sausage Frittata.
Did you know that mushroom’s are filled with nutrition? Take a look at this website for nutrition information from the mushroom council.
We also enjoy mushroom burgers. Take a look at one of our blogs about using mushrooms to extend meat into a blenditarian meat. This blog will show you five of our favorite recipes using mushrooms.
Nutrition info is approximate and may contain errors.
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.