Low FODMAP Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened. To make this recipe dairy free, use a vegan butter instead
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1-1/2 cup gluten free flour King Arthur Measure for Measure
- 1/4 cup milk lactose free or other dairy free milk
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips allergy friendly, such as Enjoy Life brand
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- Add gluten free flour and lactose free milk to butter mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Add allergy-friendly chocolate chips and mix again.
- Scoop cookie dough into tablespoon-sized mounds, about 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes for chewier cookies, or 12-13 minutes for crispier cookies.
- Cool on pan for 5 minutes, then move to cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.