Nice Cream is a healthy alternative to ice cream and it is easy to make. Bananas are the featured ingredient plus a variety of optional toppings.
- 3 banana overripe
Optional flavors to add
- 3 T cocoa powder powder
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 3 T peanut butter
- 3 Oreo cookies
- 1/3 cup strawberries frozen
- Peel and chop the bananas.
- Put the bananas in a ziplock bag (take as much air out as you can) and put in your freezer.
- After 2 hours, place the bananas in a food processor and blend until smooth (might need to stir and scrape bananas from the side).
- Serve as soft serve or store in airtight container in freezers
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream or better yet… I scream, you scream, we all scream for nice cream! What is this dessert? It is a frozen dessert that is simple to make out of frozen overripe bananas, place the bananas in a food processor and blend until smooth. Serve like you would any type of frozen dessert.
Yes, frozen bananas whipped up can be a refreshing and tasty dessert. You can even add flavorings including cocoa powder, vanilla extract, peanut butter, Oreo cookies and frozen strawberries are some of our favorite additions to our ice cream alternative.
This dessert is also vegan, vegetarian and most importantly, kid-friendly. It is also dairy free, diabetes friendly and low in sodium. Win-win-win!
Watch our facebook live video to see our dietitians making frozen desserts and more in our nutrition counseling office.
For more details on the health benefits of “nice” cream and for a step by step blog about how to make your own frozen desserts, take a look at this blog.
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.