- 1 lb turkey ground
- 1 15-oz can canned tomatoes sauce, no salt/ low sodium
- 1 15-oz can canned tomatoes diced, no salt/ low sodium
- 1 15-oz can black beans no salt/ low sodium; rinsed and drained
- 1 15-oz can kidney beans no salt/ low sodium; rinsed and drained
- 1 2/3 cup corn "fire roasted" & frozen
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin ground
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes crushed
- Heat frying pan over medium heat. Add ground turkey to pan, cook until browned, breaking up into little chunks. Let cool slightly, and add to gallon sized freezer bag. Add remaining ingredients. Try to push as much air out of the bag as possible, and seal well. Stir well and lay flat in the freezer.
- When ready to serve, thaw meal in fridge overnight. Place contents of bag into the slow cooker. Set on low for 8 hours. Serve each portion with a side salad or veggies of your choice.
This is one of my favorite chili recipes, You can prep it ahead and freeze it for a crockpot meal or you can simply put together the ingredients and cook it for dinner, It really does not take much time at all.
The added corn in the recipe makes the turkey chili more colorful and delicious.
Here are additional tasty chili recipes:
Beef and Sweet Potato chili
Three Bean Chili
Interesting to note:
Chili pepper is high in anti-oxidants which is linked to many health benefits. However, chili peppers are also high in salicylic acid, so read this in case you think you may have a sensitivity. Or if you think that you may have any other food sensitivities, you can find out more about your individual food sensitivities, we offer testing to help you avoid foods that make you feel unwell. Hopefully, you are able to enjoy this healthy version of traditional chili. Using ground turkey breast decreases the fat in the chili and makes the chili much lighter and the protein will help you feel satisfied and the fiber (in the beans and corn) will help you feel full.
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.