This Vegetarian bean soup recipe is not only vegetarian, but thanks to the vegetable bouillon, it is also vegan. The beans really pack a lot of protein and carbs. Once you add the diced tomatoes, you have everything you need in a meal! However, it’s understandable if you need something to go along with your soup, like some fresh bread.
Because beans and canned tomatoes are relatively inexpensive, this is a great winter meal for when you are trying to stay on a tight budget. Plus, each individual jar makes eight servings, so it can last you a while! And this recipe makes four jars. If you aren’t able to finish all eight servings within a few days, you can freeze portioned leftovers to easily be heated up when you need it.
If you need more soup recipes like this vegetarian 5 bean soup for this winter, don’t worry! Here is a link to all of our soups and stews! We love them all this time of year, and think that you will, too.
Vegetarian 5 Bean Soup DIY Jar
- 1 lb pinto beans dried
- 1 lb split green peas dried
- 1 lb great northern beans dried
- 1 lb black beans dried
- 1 lb kidney beans dried
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp dry mustard
- 4 tbsp dried onion flakes
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp oregano dried
- 1 tsp rosemary dried
- 8 bay leaf
- 4 vegetable bouillon cubes low sodium
- 4 mason jars quart size
- 4 snack size zipper lock bag
- In each mason jar, layer 2/3 cup pinto beans, peas, northern beans, black beans, kidney beans.
- In a bowl, combine all of the seasonings and spices. Divide the seasoning between the four zipper lock bags. Add bouillon cube and 2 bay leaves into each bag. Place one bag in each mason jar. Close the mason jars.
Let us know what you think of this Vegetarian bean soup recipe in the comments section below.
Please note that some of these links are affiliate links. If you click these links and make a purchase, I will earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.