If you’re looking for a way to change up one of your go-to dinners, these Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Chops are definitely for you! A bonus? They’re made in the slow cooker! So all you have to do is set it up, let it cook, and eat. The prep time is only 15 minutes, too, so it really is almost too easy. Normally, you might have to make the sauce, protein, veggies, and starches separately, but with this recipe, everything goes in the slow cooker together. So now, not only are they a switch-up on a classic that only takes 15 minutes of prep, but they also have almost no clean-up! If you don’t have the exact fresh vegetables called for here, you can easily substitute whatever you happen to have on hand.
Something else we love about this recipe is that it can be made ahead of time, so you can toss it in a freezer bag, freeze it, and then thaw it whenever you’re ready to make it. Meals like this one are perfect to keep in the freezer for a day when you might not have time to prepare a meal, or when you run out of food in the house and don’t want to go to the grocery store.
Want some other recipes other than BBQ pork chops that you can just throw in the slow cooker and forget about? Check out this blog post for more! These are also some meals which you can keep in the freezer for another day.
BBQ Pork Chops
- 1 lb pork chops (about 4 pieces)
- 2 medium sweet potato chopped
- 1 bell pepper green, chopped
- 1 bell pepper red, chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp corn starch whisked with 4 tbsp cold water
- 1 15-oz can canned tomatoes sauce, low sodium/ no salt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1-1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place all ingredients in a slower cooker and set on low. Cook for 8 hours.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with fresh herbs (parsley, chives, etc).
- Place all ingredients in a one gallon freezer bag. Try to push as much air out of the bag as possible, seal bag, and lay flat in the freezer.
- When ready to serve, thaw meal in fridge overnight. Place contents of bag into the slow cooker. Set on low for 8 hours.
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.