Did you know that all of our recipes have been cooked and photographed by our team of Registered Dietitians. We strive to make sure that you have inspiring recipes to help you manage every medical condition. These recipes are sortable in our database based on ingredient, cusine, medical condition and even cooking method.
Chicken Thighs with Cranberries and Butternut Squash
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cup cranberries
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 1 lb butternut squash cubed
- 1 tbsp thyme chopped
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine 1/2 cup cranberries, olive oil, worcestershire sauce, honey, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Pulse until smooth.
- Place chicken thighs in a large gallon bag and add the cranberry mixture. Seal and place it in the fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour, and up to 12 hours.
- Place butternut squash and remaining cranberries on the prepared sheet pan.
- After placing the butternut squash and cranberries in the pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, and add the chopped thyme.
- Nestle chicken among the squash/cranberries, skin side down, and pour remaining marinade over chicken pieces. Bake for 40 minutes, flipping chicken halfway through. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, switch oven to broil setting to slightly char chicken skin.
Not only does this recipe pair chicken, cranberries and butternut squash, thinking about how to combine common foods in new ways is a great way to expand your cooking skills, try new recipes and add variety to you diet. If you are a novice in the kitchen, sticking to a few basic ingredients is a really good way to get started and to improve your skills in an easy, manageable way. Take a look at other recipes in our collection of easy recipes grouped together below by ingredients.
Looking for more recipes with chicken thighs?
How about a new recipe using cranberries?
- Cranberry Orange Smoothie Bowl
- Pumpkin Cranberry Mason Jar Mix
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberry Orange Cheesecake Cups
- Kale and Quinoa Power Salad
- Strawberry Fields Salad
Butternut squash recipes made easy:
Recipe updated: March 31, 2020
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.