You can make this Lime Chicken Quesadillas recipe even easier by using a pre-cooked Rotisserie chicken that you can pick up from many grocery stores.
In our most recent cookbook, we discuss technique cooking which discusses ways that you can easily customize ingredients to jazz up the variety in your meals to keep them interesting without having to find new recipes. Take a look at our recipes in NOURISHED: 10 Ingredients to Happy Healthy Eating cookbook which is available on amazon and also available for a discount in our office. We also offer bulk rates if you want to buy more to teach a class, lead a group or give as gifts for the holidays.
And here is a mouth watering photo of one of our quesadillas. They are ready in minutes and a very family-friendly way to make do-it-yourself customizable meals!
Cilantro Lime Chicken Quesadilla
- 3 oz chicken cooked, shredded
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tortilla fajita size, flour or corn (to make it gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup cheese shredded, monterey jack or colby jack
- In a small bowl, toss together chicken, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Spread some butter lightly onto 1 tortilla. Place it butter side down into a skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle half the cheese onto the tortilla. Next spread the chicken mixture evenly over the cheese. Then top with remaining cheese.
- Spread butter onto the remaining tortilla and place butter side up on top of the quesadilla. Once the underside is brown and crispy, carefully flip the quesadilla. Continue to cook until the other side is brown and crispy.
- Remove from skillet, let sit for a few minutes before cutting into pieces and enjoying with guacamole or salsa!
Here is a close-up photo of Cilantro Lime Chicken Quesadillas with a side of guacamole. Who doesn’t love a nice side dish of guac?
Another favorite quesadilla recipe is our Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas.
Rebecca Bitzer loves to empower Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs) and their clients. Co-author of Welcome to the Rebelution: Seven steps to the nutrition counseling practice of your dreams and Taste the Sweet Rebellion: Rebel against dieting.