Try this recipe for your next side dish served at a potluck or picnic during the summer months. This recipe is inspired by the street vendors who sell corn on the cob slathered in butter, lime juice, cheese and chili powder.
Mexican Street Corn Salad
- 6 husks corn husked
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Greek yogurt plain
- 1 Tbsp chipotle in adobo minced
- 1/3 cup queso fresco crumbled
- 1 Tbsp cilantro chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/2 jalapeno minced, remove seeds for less spice
- 1 pinch salt
- Heat grill to medium high heat. Place corn on the grill, turning occasionally until softened and slightly charred, about 10 minutes.
- Cut kernels from the cob and place in bowl, set aside. In a small bowl, mix together mayo, yogurt, chipotle, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Add mayo mixture, jalapeno, queso fresco, cilantro, and salt to the corn. Gently stir until combined. Sprinkle with additional cilantro and serve!
Other recipes that you might enjoy that contain corn are:
Nutrition info is approximate and may contain errors.
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.