Mummy Carrot Dogs
- 8 carrots
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 roll crescent dough sheet
- yellow mustard for decoration
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Toss carrots in oil and spices. Place in an single layer on a baking sheet. Roast until soft, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Lay crescent dough sheet out on a cutting board. Slice into thin strips. You will only use about half the sheet. Use the remaining sheet for whatever you like. I baked it with thinly sliced apple and cinnamon on top for dessert!
- Wrap each carrot with crescent dough strips to look like a mummy. Leave space for a "face".
- Return to oven and bake until crescent dough is puffed and lightly brown, 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then use mustard to create the eyes. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.