This recipe for Spanish style chicken wings takes an easy approach, coating the wings in flour, then in your sauce, and then simply baking them! Some people like to add more sauce mid-bake, or even marinate them ahead of time, to add even more flavor. An added bonus to this recipe is that you probably already have all of the ingredients on-hand. The only thing you might have to buy fresh is the wings themselves, otherwise all of the ingredients are very shelf-stable!
Spanish Style Chicken Wings
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tbsp seasoned flour
- 3/4 cup sherry
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp hot sauce Tabasco
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place chicken wings in a large ziplock bag. Add flour and shake until wings are well coated.
- In a large dish, mix sherry, tomato paste, soy sauce, salt, tabasco, and brown sugar until combined.
- Line large cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Dip wings into sauce until coated. Placed on greased cookie sheet. Baked for 30 minutes.
- Increase heat to 400F, baked additional 10 minutes until wings are brown.
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.