Beef and Mushroom Meatloaf
- 8-12 oz mushroom cremini and portobello
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Roughly chop mushrooms and toss in olive oil. Spread in an even layer on a sheet pan and roast in the oven for about 20 minutes, until soft. Drain off excess liquid.
- Place mushrooms in food processor and process until it reaches the consistency of ground beef.
- Place ground beef, mushroom mixture, onion, egg, breadcrumbs, ketchup, salt, pepper, and thyme into a large bowl. Mix with a spatula until well combined.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F. Place meatloaf mixture into a loaf pan and bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven, spread ketchup over top of meatloaf and return to oven. Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.