Beef and Mushroom Taco Meat
- 8-10 oz mushroom cremini and portobello
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1-8 oz tomato sauce can
- 8 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Roughly chop mushrooms and toss in olive oil. Spread in an even layer on a sheet pan and roast in the oven for about 20 minutes, until soft. Drain off excess liquid.
- Place mushrooms in food processor and process until it reaches the consistency of ground beef.
- Place ground beef and mushroom mixture into a large bowl. Mix with a spatula until well combined.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add beef mixture and cook until browned, using a spoon to break into small pieces. Add cumin, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, oregano, and tomato sauce. Mix well and bring to a simmer. Spoon mixture onto tortillas, and serve with desired toppings.
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.