Buffalo sauce, cauliflower, Ranch…what’s not to like? This recipe is vegetarian and diabetes and PCOS friendly. Our team of registered dietitians strive to create and even photograph tasty and nutritious recipes that we create in our kitchens or in our offices to make sure that we have quick, easy, practical recipes that fit into many types of food restrictions based on conditions. We believe that food should not be boring and these recipes are certainly not boring! We have hundreds of healthy recipes in the recipe database on our website and these recipes are easily searchable by cuisine, ingredient, meal, diary restriction and more. Take a look and bookmark this site for a practical resource.
If you are looking for more unique, fun, healthy appetizer recipes, take a look at some of our favorites:
Buffalo Cauliflower with Ranch Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp parsley dried
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- pinch thyme dried
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 1 cup hot sauce like Texas Pete
- Mix greek yogurt, parsley, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and thyme together in a bowl. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Chop cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, water, garlic powder, and pepper until batter forms. Add cauliflower to bowl and toss to coat cauliflower in batter. Spread cauliflower evenly onto greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower from oven. Mix together melted butter and hot sauce. Use a basting brush to coat cauliflower in buffalo sauce. Bake for another 25 minutes until caramelized and golden brown.
- Serve with ranch greek yogurt.
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.
We hope you enjoy our buffalo cauliflower recipe. Please leave your comments in the comment section below. You can also sign up for our monthly newsletter so you never miss a new dietitian-approved recipe!
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.