Yes, Air fryer cod is fabulous! Forget the fish sticks! Air fried cod nuggets are crispy on the outside, but tender and flaky on the inside. Dunk them in a creamy lemon dill sauce for the perfect combination!
Air fried cod nuggets make a terrific dinner that both you and your kids will love and rave about! Another thing that we love about this recipe is that the dill dip is made with Greek yogurt for an additional protein source.
Air Fried Cod Nuggets
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb cod
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs panko
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 6 oz Greek yogurt plain
- 2 Tbsp dill fresh, chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- Cut cod into 1 inch pieces.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper. In a second dish, whisk the 2 eggs. In a third dish, combine panko and garlic powder.
- Set the air fryer to 400° F.
- It takes 3 steps in order to properly bread the cod pieces. First, coat the cod pieces with the flour mixture. For the second coat, dip it in the eggs. For the final and coat, cover it with the panko mixture.
- Once all of your pieces are coated, cook in the air fryer for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While cod is cooking, whisk together yogurt, dill, and lemon juice.
- Serve cod immediately with yogurt sauce.
We hope that you enjoy this RBA original, dietitian-approved recipe. Please comment in the space below and let us know what you thought of our fish made in an air fryer. Also, take a look at the links below to see more of our favorite air fryer recipes and fish recipes and you can even check out the air fryer that we used to make these recipes.
For other favorite air fried recipes, take a look at these:
Our Air fryer
If you are looking for an air-fryer, here is one that we use.
Other fish recipes that aren’t salmon or tuna:
Let us know what you think of our Air fryer cod recipe in the comments section below.
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.