This recipe only takes one step and 5 ingredients! So, it is a great option to serve if you already have a lot of recipes cooking in your kitchen. And it won’t take up a lot of counter space or fridge space because the avocados can be kept at room temperature for up to 4 hours. Try squeezing some fresh lime juice over the avocado flesh to prevent the avocados from turning brown!
On an avocado roll? Try making home-made guacamole with this recipe!
Caprese Stuffed Avocado
- 1 medium tomato seeds removed, diced
- 2 oz. mozzarella cheese diced
- 2 tbsp basil chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
- In a bowl, toss tomato, mozzarella, and basil together and set aside.
- Cut avocado in half lengthwise and place cut side down onto the grill until avocado is heated through and charred. Remove from grill.
- Spoon the tomato and mozzarella mixture on each half of the avocado and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Enjoy!
Let us know what you think about our Caprese Stuffed Avocados recipe in the comments section below.
Nutrition info is approximate and may contain errors.but
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.