Guacamole and Homemade Tortilla Chips
- 3 ripe avocado peeled and pitted
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 jalapeno seeded, and finely diced
- 1/4 onion red, finely diced
- 1 handful cilantro finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- tortillas corn or flour
- cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, mash avocado with the back of a fork until desired consistency is reached.
- Gently mix in lime juice, jalapeno, red onion, and cilantro. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips. If serving at a later time, transfer to a container and lay plastic wrap over guacamole, and gently press down to remove any air (as air will cause avocado to turn brown).
Homemade Tortilla Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray.
- Stack tortillas and cut into 6 equal slices. Lay tortilla pieces on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp. Watch closely, as they can burn quickly!
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.