This healthy version of gluten-free cheesecake with blackberry compote has two extra special ingredients!
Cheesecake with Blackberry Compote
- 1 cup almonds
- 2/3 cup Graham Crackers Gluten Free (about 4 sheets)
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 16 oz cottage cheese 1% milk
- 16 oz Greek yogurt plain, 2% milk
- 16 oz cream cheese low fat
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 TBSP flour gluten-free
- 4 egg
Blackberry Compote Topping
- 2 pints Blackberries
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place almonds in food processor. Pulse until almonds are finely ground. Add graham crackers and pulse until those are finely ground up.
- Add sugar and butter and mix until the mixture resembles coarse sand.
- Press almond mixture into the bottom of a springform pan (not up the sides). Bake in the oven until crust is just set, about 12 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 F.
- Clean out the bowl of the food processor. Add lemon juice, vanilla, cottage cheese and 1 cup of greek yogurt to the food processor. Process for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- In a large bowl, use hand mixer or stand mixer to beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in remaining greek yogurt. Add in flour and pureed cottage cheese mixture, mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beat at low speed until combined. Pour into prepared crust.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan. Create a water bath by adding hot water to the large baking pan, until it comes about half way up the side of the springform pan.
- Bake for 1 to 1/2 hours or until the center of the cheesecake is just set, and the top appears dull. Remove springform from water bath, cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Cool in fridge overnight.
- Add blackberries, cinnamon, sugar, lemon juice and 2 Tbsp of water to a pot. Cook for 5 minutes until berries have released their juices.
- Mix 1 tsp cornstarch with 2 tsp water. Add to berry mixture and cook for 1 minute until thickened. When ready to serve cheesecake, top with blackberry compote and whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.
Some of these links are affiliate links. If you click these links and make a purchase, I will earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.