Chunky Vegetable Lentil Soup
- 2 cups vegetable broth reduced sodium
- 1 cup carrot chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can lentil drained and rinsed. Can substitute: Trader Joe’s package steamed lentils, drained and rinsed can be used instead of canned lentils. One package is the equivalent of 2 cups of lentils
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp thyme dried, ground
- 1/2 tsp cumin ground
- In a large pan, bring vegetable broth to a boil over high heat.
- Add carrots, reduce heat to medium and cook, covered for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, lentils, garlic, basil, thyme, and cumin. Reduce heat to medium low and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until carrots are tender.
Rebecca Bitzer loves to empower Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs) and their clients. Co-author of Welcome to the Rebelution: Seven steps to the nutrition counseling practice of your dreams and Taste the Sweet Rebellion: Rebel against dieting.