These Low FODMAP Cornbread Muffins recipe is a combination of gluten-free flour and cornmeal without gluten or FODMAPS for people with digestive issues.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour gluten free
- 1/2 cup cornmeal medium ground
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup milk lactose free
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg separate yolk and whites
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add 6 baking cup paper liners to muffin tin
- In medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients flour, cornmeal, sugar and baking soda
- Add to dry ingredients milk, melted butter, oil, egg yolk and mix until just combined
- In small bowl, whisk egg white to incorporate some air- it should be light white and foamy but NOT firm w/ peaks.
- Fold egg into muffin mixture. (This makes them a bit more light and airy)
- Add mixture evenly to muffin tin (should fill almost to the top).
- bake for 18 minutes.
Who does not love cornbread muffins? Making cornbread muffins when I was a kid was the very first thing that I learned to bake. I must admit, I learned to make cornbread muffins from a box mix of Jiffy cornbread muffin mix. It was so easy to make by just adding milk and eggs. Well, what I now is that making cornbread muffins from scratch is pretty easy. All you need to do is combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda, milk, butter, egg and oil.
So, what if you need a low FODMAP muffin or gluten free, muffin? All you need to do is follow the Low FODMAP Cornbread Muffins recipe above which swaps out flour for gluten-free flour and uses lactose free milk. Give these muffins a try, you will be glad that you did.
If you are not familiar with the low FODMAPs way of eating, it is basically avoiding simple carbohydrates that cause digestive problems. Take a look at this blog for more information and tools for following a low FODMAP diet.
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.
Some of these links are affiliate links. If you click these links and make a purchase, I will earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.