If you like Mexican Food, you are going to love this rice recipe and these popular recipes listed below:
Did you know that our Registered Dietitians cook and photograph all of our recipes to inspire even the busiest people to fit healthy cooking and eating into their day. Also, we can easily adjust our recipes to fit into medical management of nutrition related conditions like diabetes, heart disease, digestive difficulties and more. Follow our blog for the most up-to-date evidence based nutrition recommendations to help you stay informed and motivated to feel the the best that possibly can feel. We know that food and eating is an important part of self-care and we are here to help make that a reality for you.
- 1 cup rice (brown or white)
- 2 cups water
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 pack taco seasoning
- 3 bell pepper sliced (red, green and yellow)
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 15 oz can corn drained
- 1 15 oz can canned tomatoes diced, drained
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained
- 3 tbsp cilantro chopped for the rice, and extra for garnish
- First cook the rice. Place 1 cup rice, with lime juice, 1 tsp of salt, 2 cups of water, and cilantro in a pot. Cook covered at medium low until all the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat some oil a large pan. Season chicken with half of the taco seasoning.
- Add to hot pan and cook until golden brown, and cooked all the way through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from pan, add a little more oil and add the peppers and onions. Cook until softened, and season with the rest of the taco seasoning. Add corn and keep cooking until everything is browned.
- Add the chicken back into the pan, along with the beans, tomatoes, rice. Mix well and adjust seasoning if needed! Stir in cilantro and serve with additional cilantro on top, if desired!
Nutrition info is approximate and may contain errors.
Please let us know what you think of our Fiesta Rice recipe in the comments section below.
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.