Lentil Noodle Veggie Lasagna
- 10 oz pasta gluten free- lasagna noodles
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 bell pepper red, diced
- 16 oz mushroom chopped
- 2 zucchini diced
- 1 15-oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 15-oz container ricotta
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Lay flat on piece of parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add in peppers, squash and mushrooms. Continue to cook until vegetables are slightly tender. Add wine, 1/4 tsp salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and stir well. Pour in tomatoes, and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix together ricotta, eggs, Parmesan cheese, other 1/4 tsp salt and pepper until combined.
- To assemble to lasagna, spread some of the tomato sauce mixture in a 8x8 lasagne pan. Layer in noodles in the pan, slightly overlapping if necessary. Spread about 1/3 of the ricotta mixture on the noodles. Top with tomato sauce mixture and sprinkle on some mozzarella cheese. Repeat two more times, until all the ingredients have been used.
- Top the lasagna with the remaining sauce and sprinkle on parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes at 350F, covered. Remove foil and bake for 5-10 minutes, remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before cutting in squares and serving.
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.
Some of these links are affiliate links. If you click these links and make a purchase, I will earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.