Low FODMAP Cupcakes
- 2 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum omit if gluten free flour already contains it
- 6 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 egg whites room temperature
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1-1/3 cup milk lactose free, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- Frosting of choice Dairy Free
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cupcake tray with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, sift the gluten free flour, xanthan gum, and corn starch. Add baking soda, baking powder, and salt and whisk to combine.
- Mix together the milk and vinegar (or lemon juice), let sit for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, whisk egg whites, egg, milk mixture, and vanilla.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients and egg mixture to butter and sugar in alternating portions, starting and ending with dry.
- Mix until completely combined, but do not overmix.
- Divide batter amongst cupcake liners. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in cupcake tray for 5 minutes, then move to wire rack.
- Once cupcakes are completely cooled, frost them with your favorite frosting and enjoy!
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.