Low FODMAP Donuts
- 1-1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum omit if your gluten free flour blend already contains it
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg freshly grated
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs room temperature, beaten
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt room temperature
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2-4 tsp milk lactose free
Sugar Coating (optional)
- 4 Tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease donut pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, xanthan gum, corn starch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and sugar.
- Create a well in the middle of ingredients. Add butter, eggs, Greek yogurt, and vanilla. Mix until just combined.
- Fill donut pan until almost full, using a piping bag if desired. A trick to help them keep their shape is to wet your pointer finger and run around the batter, pushing it towards the donut perimeter.
- Bake in center of the oven for 12 minutes or until slightly browned. Cool in pan for 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and 2 tsp milk in a small bowl, adding more milk by half-teaspoon until it reaches a smooth, pourable thickness.
- Dip the top of each donut into the glaze, coating well, and place glazed-side-up to set.
- Dip each donut (while warm!) in melted butter, then press into granulated sugar. Cool on wire rack.
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.