Looking for a little Asian flavor while still following a low FODMAP diet? We have you covered with this tasty low FODMAP tofu recipe! While this is not an authentic Asian recipe, we have been able to incorporate some common flavors used in Asian cuisine. A lot of Asian dishes are cooked and seasoned with soy sauce, fish sauce, ginger, tofu, and sesame seeds, all of which this dish has! This is a flavorful and balanced recipe you can enjoy any night of the week. The tofu gives you protein, the zucchini are your vegetables, and the rice is (of course) your carbohydrate source. You can add as much or as little Sriracha as you want, depending on how spicy you like your food.
If you’re not in the mood for spicey or Asian flavors, check out all of our other low FODMAP-friendly recipes below!
Tofu Zucchini Rice Bowl
- 2 zucchini halved and thinly sliced
- 14 oz tofu extra firm, pressed and cubed
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1-1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup rice wine
- 1/4 tsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 cups rice cooked
- Combine soy sauce, fish sauce, ginger, rice wine, and Sriracha in a bowl. Add tofu and let marinate for about 10-15 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan and add tofu. Fry until edges are golden brown. Remove tofu from pan.
- Add sesame oil to the same pan. Add sesame seeds and cook for 1 min until lightly toasted. Add in zucchini and cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Add tofu back into pan and toss together. Serve over rice.
Interested in more low FODMAP tofu dishes? Whether it is breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snacks, we have something for you.
- 20 Easy Low FODMAP Snacks if You Are Struggling with IBS
- 10 Low FODMAP Friendly Breakfasts That Are Perfect for Any Morning
- 10 Low FODMAP Lunch Ideas To Mix Up Your Meal Prep
- 10 Low FODMAP Meals That Are Quick and Easy
Nutrition info is approximate and may contain errors.
Dana uses her advanced training in functional nutrition and food sensitivities to help her clients love and trust food again as they heal from years of painful symptoms that have dominated their lives. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Survival Guide.