Our Low FODMAP Stuffed Peppers recipe is a great way to be able to follow your diet without digestive difficulties from short chain carbohydrates (which is where the acronym FODMAP comes from).
FODMAP stands for fermentable oligosaccharides, disaccharides, monosaccharides and polyols, which are short-chain carbohydrates (sugars). This recipe limits FODMAPs to help prevent flare-ups of IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) symptoms,
I’m always looking for easy recipes with minimal ingredients. Using a jar of salsa in this recipe means lots of flavor with less ingredients. But the challenge with the low FODMAP diet is that salsa frequently contains onion, which is certainly not low FODMAP.
FODY is a great company (not sponsored!) that has created numerous products that are low FODMAP, including salsa! It tastes great and is the perfect flavor profile for our stuffed bell peppers.
Low FODMAP Stuffed Peppers
- 6 bell pepper variety of colors
- 1 cup salsa Fody Foods
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey or soy crumbles, cooked
- 3 cups quinoa or rice, cooked
- 2 cups cheese cheddar, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut the tops off of the peppers and remove the seeds.
- In a large bowl, combine salsa, ground beef, quinoa, and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Add the mixture to the insides of the 6 bell peppers and place peppers into a baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove peppers from the oven, sprinkle with remaining cheese, then return to the oven for another 15 minutes or more, until cheese is melted and peppers are softened.
For more low FODMAP recipes, take a look at our searchable recipe database here.
Some of our favorite low FODMAP recipes are included in our recipe compilation blogs:
Looking for more resources for food sensitivities, take a look at our Food Sensitivities cookbook here.
Blog reviewed and updated March 2023
Dana uses her advanced training in functional nutrition and food sensitivities to help her clients love and trust food again as they heal from years of painful symptoms that have dominated their lives. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Survival Guide.