Our Low FODMAP Stuffed Peppers recipe is a great way to be able to follow your diet without digestive difficulties from short chain carbohydrates (which is where the acronym FODMAP comes from). Read more for the benefits of following a low FODMAP diet.
FODMAP stands for fermentable oligosaccharides, disaccharides, monosaccharides and polyols, which are short-chain carbohydrates (sugars). This recipe limits FODMAPs to help prevent flare-ups of IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) symptoms,
Low FODMAP Stuffed Peppers
- 6 bell pepper variety of colors
- 1 cup salsa Fody Foods
- 1 lb beef ground or ground turkey or soy crumbles, cooked
- 3 cups quinoa or rice, cooked
- 2 cups cheese cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut the tops off of the peppers and seed them. Put on oven tray
- In a large bowl, combine all other ingredients and only 1 cup of the cheese.
- Add the mixture to the insides of the 6 bell peppers. Sprinkle the tops with the remainder of the cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 mins.
For more low FODMAP recipes, take a look at our searchable recipe database here.
Some of our favorite low FODMAP recipes are included in our recipe compilation blogs:
Looking for more resources for food sensitivities, take a look at our Food Sensitivities cookbook here.
-Blog reviewed and updated by Rebecca Bitzer MS RD LD September 1, 2021
Dana uses her advanced training in functional nutrition and food sensitivities to help her clients love and trust food again as they heal from years of painful symptoms that have dominated their lives. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Survival Guide.