After you make the mixture, all you need to do to use it is to add two tablespoons of the mixture to one pound of ground beef and enjoy. You can also substitute ground turkey or ground chicken in our turkey chili recipe to decrease the fat content of the chili.
No-Sodium Chili Seasoning
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp onion dried, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic dried, minced
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp parsley dried
- 2 tsp oregano dried
- 1 tsp basil dried
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a jar with an airtight lid.
- When ready to use seasoning, mix 2 TBSP of seasoning mix per 1 lb of ground meat into your favorite chili recipe.
For additional spice blend recipes to use for yourself or to give as gifts (or both), take a look at these herb blend recipes below:
- Try No-sodium Greek Seasoning for marinating chicken breasts
- Use No-sodium Taco Seasoning for beef tacos
- Experiment with No Salt Montreal Steak Seasoning for your next steak and asparagus salad
- How about No Salt BBQ Rub for homemade chicken wings?
- Have you tried No-sodium Ranch Seasoning Mix for a chicken sheet pan meal
As Registered Dietitians who love to cook, we can help you adjust your recipes to help you manage all types of medical conditions, commonly diabetes, heart disease, and digestive difficulties.
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.