Nothing beats the convenience of quick and easy sheet pan meals! During meal prep Sunday or Monday, I love getting creative in the kitchen, so that I am not stuck eating the same meal 5 days in a row. However, life can catch up to us, and cooking two or more different recipes and washing endless dishes cannot fit into our busy schedule. Scheduling in our meal prep is extremely important especially when we are working towards a specific goal, so skipping meal prep isn’t always an option. Luckily, sheet pan meals are perfect for when we are short on time! Time is something we all wished we had more of and sheet pan meals definitely allows us to cook while getting a chance to enjoy quality time with loved ones and relax.
When cooking a sheet pan meal, I use the largest cookie sheet pan I own and divide it into three parts (protein, vegetables, and potatoes), but you can add any of your favorites! Once laid on the sheet pan I drizzle olive oil onto my potatoes and vegetables and season each section as desired. I tend to keep my seasoning simple with sea salt, pepper, garlic, cumin and oregano.
How to make your own sheet pan meal:
- Wash and cut up vegetables, protein, and potatoes
- Cover large cookie sheet pan with foil
- Divide sheet pan into three sections (protein, vegetables, and potatoes)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Drizzle olive oil on vegetables and potatoes and then mix with hands or spoon
- Sprinkle potatoes with salt, pepper, garlic, and oregano
- Season vegetables with salt, pepper, and garlic
- Add seasoning to chicken with salt, pepper, garlic, cumin, and chili flakes or as desired
- Place sheet pan into the oven for 20-25 minutes
- Wash knife and cutting board
- Put away seasonings
- Have meal prep containers ready for packing your lunches/ dinners and storing extras
- Take sheet pan out of the oven and let food cool for 10-15 minutes
- Pack food into separate containers for your lunch/dinner
- Enjoy and relax!
Looking for more recipes ideas and how-to meal plan for you and your family? Reach out to us at 301-474-2499 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment with one of our Registered Dietitians!
Contributions for this blog by Sam Maldonado, dietetic intern.
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.