Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas
- 2-3 zucchini shredded
- 2 cups chicken cooked, shredded, see note below.
- black pepper
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups salsa verde
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt full fat
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 8 flour tortilla whole wheat, or corn tortillas for gluten free
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray 13 x 9 in casserole dish with cooking spray. Take shredded zucchini and season with salt. Allow to sit for 10 minutes, until zucchini has released liquid.
- In a large bowl, take shredded chicken, and add in shredded zucchini, squeezing out any excess liquid before adding it into the bowl with the chicken.
- Add 1 cup of cheese to the chicken and zucchini mixture, mix well and season with pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, mix greek yogurt, salsa verde, garlic cloves and 3 TBSP of cilantro.
- Heat flour tortillas in microwave for 45 sec-1 minute until warmed and pliable.
- Take one tortilla, and place about 1/4-1/3 cup chicken zucchini mixture into the tortilla. Roll up tortilla and place seam side down in the prepared casserole dish. Repeat until all tortillas and filling are used. Pour salsa mixture over rolled up tortillas. Top with remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.. Increase temperature in oven to 400 F. Remove aluminum foil and return enchiladas to oven for another 15-20 minutes until mixture is bubbly and top is browned. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and serve.
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.