Sardines and Roasted Tomatoes on Toast
- 1 pint tomato cherry
- 4 cloves garlic peeled, whole
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp thyme chopped
- 2 slices bread rustic sourdough
- 1 4 oz can sardines boneless, skinless
- black pepper
- balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, and thyme in a small baking dish. Bake for 30-40 minutes until tomatoes are soft and garlic is caramelized.
- While tomatoes are in the oven, toast the bread. Flake the sardines and spread on the toast. Top with tomato mixture, fresh cracked pepper, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
This quick and easy, dietitian-approved sardines recipe is a fabulous recipe to try for heart health and/or diabetes management. For more resources, blogs, and recipes for heart health and diabetes management, take a look at this page.
Sardines Health Benefits
In addition to all the omega 3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals, protein, sardines are also a good source of calcium.
Other Sardines on Toast Recipes
Take a look at these popular websites for more inspiration:
More Recipes using Sardines
Looking for more recipes using sardines, here is a recipe compilation of sardine recipes written by healthline.
Give it a try, most people have not tried fish out side of salmon or tuna, much less cooked it at home. Our recipes are designed to be quick and easy and a great way to try eating more fish. Here are a few of our favorite fish recipes that will expand the variety in your diet.
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.