No need to pick up carry out when you are looking for fried rice, this recipe is a healthier version using frozen shrimp, vegetables and fried brown rice. You have have all of these ingredients on hand in your freezer and put together a tasty dinner in minutes and most important of all, this is a healthy version of traditional fried rice.
We are big fans of Trader Joes because we have several locations near our offices in Maryland. So next time you are in Trader Joes, stock up on some frozen shrimp, frozen stir-fry vegetables (they have a few varieties) and even frozen brown rice which cooks in 3 minutes. If you would rather go to your local grocery store, you should be able to also pick up some frozen shrimp (or even fresh shrimp), fresh or frozen vegetables and ready to serve rice packets that heat up in the microwave in 90 seconds. We love to find and share our cooking tips and tricks with you to help you get a healthy dinner on the table in minutes.
If you are looking for additional healthy versions of take out foods, make sure to look at these popular recipes:
Shrimp Fried Rice
- cooking spray
- 2 egg
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined; thawed if frozen
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low sodium
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups brown rice cooked
- sriracha optional
- Heat a wok or a large frying pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Whisk eggs in a bowl, and add to frying pan. Fry until cooked through, stirring frequently, then remove from pan. Set aside.
- Add shrimp to pan, cook until shrimp are pink. Season with salt and pepper, remove from pan, set aside.
- Add vegetable oil, broccoli, corn and peas. Cook until tender. Add rice to pan, stir until heated through. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and soy sauce. Mix well. Add shrimp and eggs back into the pan. Stir well and serve immediately. Drizzle with sriracha if desired.
Please let us know what you think of our shrimp fried brown rice recipe!
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.
I made the shrimp fried rice Wednesday evening. My family really enjoyed it. My grand daughter is not big on veggies but she enjoyed it with a little taste of ketchup.
Hi Beverly! Thanks so much for sharing! We are so glad everyone enjoyed it!