This recipe is a great appetizer or snack that is easy, kid-friendly, diabetes-friendly, gluten-free and heart healthy.
We also have searchable recipe database on our website where you can find more recipe by cuisine, ingredient, cooking method, etc. Here are some of our favorite vegetarian recipes.
For more healthy restaurant makeover recipes, take a look at this blog.
Caesar Salad Summer Rolls
- 8 rice paper wrappers
- 3 cups lettuce romaine, chopped
- 1 cup croutons
- 8 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup caesar salad dressing
- Gather all ingredients. Fill a shallow dish with warm water. Place 1 rice paper wrapper into warm water for 5 seconds. Place wrapper onto a plastic cutting board. In the center of the wrapper, place a handful of lettuce, a few croutons, and 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese.
- Pull the bottom edge of the wrapper up over the filling. Then tightly fold over the side edges of the wrapper, and finally roll the wrapper away from you, over the far edge of the wrapper so that it seals, like a burrito. Be sure to wrap it tightly.
- Spray a plate or platter with a little cooking spray and place summer roll onto plate. This will keep it from sticking. Set aside.
- Continue with the remaining wrappers. Serve summer rolls with caesar salad dressing for dipping.
Watch our dietitians make copycat recipes of Asian takeout foods including summer rolls and beef lo mein in this video below. and Please let us know what you think of our Vegetarian summer rolls recipe in the comments section below.
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.