Who does not like the wonderful taste of pizza, you will have the same taste with these Zucchini Pizza Bites! They are kid-friendly, nutritious, tasty and so easy to make.They are also gluten-free, low carb and vegetarian. Give you guests a real treat and serve them at your next party. It is a real crowd pleaser.
The recipe is so easy, all you need is zucchini, olive oil, salt, pepper, pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese. This is a great recipe to make with your kids to get them involved in the kitchen and move them toward becoming savvy in the kitchen.
The recipe is so easy that your kids can even make it without you.
If you like this zucchini recipe, you will surely like these zucchini recipes:
Did you know that all of our recipes are created and even photographed by our Registered Dietitians, we strive to make food simple, tasty and nutritious. If you are looking for additional ways to prepare zucchini, take a look at this blog from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics called
Summer Squash: Stuff It, Bake It, Grill It
We hope you enjoy this zucchini bites recipe.
Zucchini Pizza Bites
- 1 zucchini large
- 1 tsp olive oil
- black pepper
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cut ends off zucchini, discard. Slice zucchini into 1/2 inch rounds. Place zucchini rounds into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Toss with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place zucchini on baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove from oven.
- Top each zucchini round with 1-2 tsp pizza sauce. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, and any desired toppings. Return to oven until cheese is melted and bubbling. Serve warm.
Nutrition info is approximate and may contain errors.
Please let us know what you think of these Zucchini Pizza Bites in the comments section below.
-Blog reviewed and updated by Rebecca Bitzer MS RD LD September 10, 2021
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.