- 8 ounces tofu extra firm
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin ground
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 3 Tbsp water to thin
- 1/4 tsp turmeric optional
- Open tofu container and drain liquid. Pat tofu dry, and then roll the tofu in a clean paper towel and place something heavy on top such as a pan or a serving bowl. The dryer you can get your tofu, the firmer the texture!
- While the tofu is drying, combine the garlic, cumin, chili powder, turmeric (optional) in a mixing bowl. Add water and whisk to create a pourable sauce.
- Crumble the tofu with a fork. Mix with sauce and set aside.
- Add olive oil, onion, and bell pepper to a hot pan. Cook for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- Add the tofu in with the vegetables. Cook for another 5-7 minutes until tofu is slightly browned.
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.