Did you know that our dietitians create, prepare and even photography these tasty recipes that are also nutritious. We like to find interesting, easy recipes that fit into a variety of meal plans based on our client’s medical conditions. We believe that healthy foods need to be tasty, otherwise, what is the point of eating. We like to think about the pleasurable aspect of eating and encourage our clients to eat a variety of foods.
If you have never made homemade salad dressing, here is your chance to start. Homemade dressing is so tasty and quite easy.
Cucumber Noodle Greek Salad
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano dried
- 1 oz feta cheese crumbled
- 2 cucumber seedless/English
- 1/2 red onion
- 10 tomato cherry, halved
- 1 jar artichokes marinated hearts, coarsely chopped and drained
- 1/2 cup olives black or Kalamata olives cut in half
- 3 oz feta cheese
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Greek dressing or homemade dressing
- Mix lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, and feta cheese in a small bowl and set aside.
- Rinse off cucumbers.
- Noodle-fy the cucumber by using a spiralizer, mandoline, julienne peeler, or a standard vegetable peeler (for wide noodles).
- Take the cucumber noodles and spin in a salad spinner to remove excess water from the cucumbers. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the chopped onions, tomatoes, artichokes, and olives to the bowl of cucumbers and mix.
- Mix in the feta, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Pour half of the dressing and toss. Save the rest of the dressing for individual use if desired. Enjoy right away or store covered in the refrigerator.
Let us know what you think of this cucumber salad recipe in the comments below.
If you are looking for more zoodle recipes you have come to the right spot. These recipes use zucchini noodles:
We also have a variety of mason jar salad recipes that are very popular for meal prep. Take a look at these tasty, colorful salads that you can make ahead and store in mason jars.
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.
Whether you are a novice in the kitchen, or a seasoned chef, Dietitian Klara will work with you to help you reach your nutrition goals. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating, Cooking with Diabetes and Cooking with Food Sensitivities Guide.