Black Bean Brownies
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed very well
- 3 eggs large
- 3 tbsp oil of choice canola, sunflower, or avocado
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease an 8x8 baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- Mix eggs, oil, and vanilla in a bowl. Add ingredients to food processor along with black beans, and process until smooth and black beans are incorporated well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Add the wet ingredients from food processor to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pour into baking dish.
- Place on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean, and the brownies do not jiggle when you shake it.
- Allow the brownies to cool before cutting. Enjoy!
Nutrition info is approximate and may contain errors.
As a certified LEAP therapist, Dietitian Kathleen can help you solve your digestive difficulties with cutting edge research and state of the art protocols. Co-author of Cooking with Food Sensitivities Survival Guide.