The Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Bites recipe below tastes like a girl scout cookie and is filled with fabulous healthy secret ingredients.
Can you guess the secret ingredients in our chocolate peanut butter energy bites recipe? Did I mention these cookie bites are gluten-free? Our Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Bites recipe includes dates, cashews and macadamia nuts. These bites are not only delicious, they are packed with nutrition including protein from the nuts and peanut butter.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Bites
- 8 dates
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract pure
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate dark, melted
- Soak dates in warm water for at least 10 minutes to soften.
- In a food processor, add cashews, macadamias, and oats. Process until mixture reaches a fine, crumbly texture.
- Add softened dates and vanilla to the food processor and blend until fully incorporated.
- Pinch off about 1 Tbsp of the mixture and roll into a ball. Continue with remaining mixture. This should yield about 14 bites. Place each bite on a sheet of wax paper.
- Place peanut butter in a small microwaveable bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, until melted. Drizzle bites with peanut butter and dark chocolate and let sit until fully set.
Looking for other energy bite recipes?
- Oatmeal cookie energy bites
- Chocolate mint cookie energy bites
- Lemon cookie bites
- Coconut cookie bites
So, next time you are looking for a healthy recipe for your next party, how about giving making homemade energy bites a try. These are delicious, easy to make, kid-friendly and definitely a crowd pleaser. Let us know which is your favorite energy bite recipe?
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.
Some of these links are affiliate links. If you click these links and make a purchase, I will earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.