Grilled Veggie Sandwich with Mozzarella and Balsamic Glaze is a warm and hearty sandwich and so delicious you will not even miss the meat! Not to mention with summer around the corner we will soon be able to hit the farmer’s markets and buy some yummy summer veggies! This is a great way to incorporate them in a quick vegetarian meal.
Whether you are vegetarian or trying to incorporate more plant based meals, this recipe is a winner to try at your next cookout. All you need is a baguette, zucchini, squash, eggplant, red onion, red bell pepper, basil, balsamic glaze, salt, pepper and olive oil and you are ready to go! It could not be any easier!
Not sure about the Balsamic Glaze? Here is one of our favorites.
If you are motivated to make your own balasmic glaze, it is basically just reduced balsamic vinegar but it is a great way to add flavor and seasoning to your meals with little to no sodium (if you are watching their BP) and gives a more concentrated flavor than just regular balsamic vinaigrette.
And if you are looking for even more vegetarian recipes like this Grilled Veggie Sandwich that are nutritious and tasty for your next BBQ or cookout, make sure to read this blog.
If you are looking for more vegetarian recipes, make sure to take a look at this popular blog:
We love sharing our recipes and food photography with you. To make sure that you do not miss any of our tasty recipes, please sign up for our newsletter below. We will only send you a monthly newsletter focusing on the highlights of the recent weeks. You can sign up for our newsletter using the form below. You can also follow us on our social media platforms for daily inspiration on Facebook, Instagram and also Pinterest.
Grilled Veggie Sandwich with Mozzarella and Balsamic Glaze
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 eggplant
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 bell pepper (we recommend a red bell pepper!)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 10-inch baguette cut in half lengthwise and crosswise
- 3 oz. mozzarella cheese sliced
- 2 tbsp basil chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Cut veggies into ½ inch thick slices. Toss in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brush cut side of baguette with olive oil.
- Place vegetables and baguette on grill and cook until veggies are softened and slightly charred, and cut side of bread is golden brown and slightly charred as well.
- Remove veggies and bread from grill. Assemble sandwich by placing veggies, mozzarella, and basil on baguette and drizzling with balsamic glaze. Enjoy!
Nutrition info is approximate and may contain errors.
Some of these links are affiliate links. If you click these links and make a purchase, I will earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.