You maybe wondering how to add the stem to the pumpkin shaped cheese ball, you simply need to cut off the stem of a bell pepper and stick it on top of the cheese ball and you created a fun, unique Thanksgiving friendly or Halloween friendly cheese ball. You could also do something clever to turn this cheese ball into a Christmas or Hanukah cheese ball by adding some festive toppings.
For more holiday inspired recipes, make sure to check out our searchable database. Our recipes are created by our team of dietitians and each recipe serves a purpose and somehow the recipe is either simplified or modified for a healthier spin on a traditional recipe like this one.
Take a look at these popular holiday favorites:
For more Thanksgiving inspired recipe tips, take a look at this blog called 8 Diabetes Friendly Holiday Dishes for a Low Carb Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving Cheese Ball
- 2 8 oz blocks greek yogurt cream cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp thyme fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp black pepper
- In a stand mixer fit with a paddle attachment, combine all ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Use a spatula to scrape cream cheese mixture onto the center of a large piece of cling wrap. Form cream cheese into a ball and close cling wrap tightly around the ball. Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Cut the stem off of a bell pepper. Remove cheese ball from fridge. Remove cling wrap and place on serving tray. Press stem onto top of cheese ball. Serve with crackers and/or veggies.
Nutrition info is approximate and may contain errors.
Please let us know what you think of our Holiday Cheese Ball in the comments section below.
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.