Vegan Pumpkin Dip is dietitian approved. Those mini pumpkins at the grocery store make a perfect serving dish for this pumpkin dip! This darling recipe was created and photographed by Kaitlin Williams Eckstein, MPH, RD, LD who decided to make a vegan version of pumpkin dip. This quick and easy recipe does require that coconut cream. be chilled in the refrigerator overnight so make sure to do this the evening before your Halloween party. Then, all you need is some pumpkin puree, a yogurt alternative, spices and vanilla extract and you are good to go. Definitely make sure to serve the pumpkin dip in a carved out pumpkin! And don’t forget to serve the dip with gingersnaps or graham crackers for a delicious paring of smooth and crunchy and sweet and savory.
For additional unique and tasty recipes to serve during the Halloween season, take at look at these favorite recipes:
- Halloween Mummy Carrot Dogs
- Halloween Taco Cups
- Jack o’lantern Vegan Stuffed Peppers
- Vegan Cup of Dirt
Make sure to also read our complete blog on 5 Vegan Halloween Treats for more inspiration.
Vegan Pumpkin Dip
Those mini pumpkins at the grocery store make a perfect serving dish for this pumpkin dip!
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 15-oz can coconut cream, I use Savoy
- 1 pumpkin puree (pie pumpkin) top removed, seeds and membrane removed
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups yogurt alternative soy yogurt, almond yogurt, or cashew yogurt
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- cookies Ginger snaps, graham crackers or desired cookie for dipping
- Place can of coconut cream in the fridge overnight. When ready to make dip, remove coconut cream from fridge. Open can and spoon out the solid portion. Discard the liquid. Use electric mixer to beat coconut cream until smooth. Set aside.
- Use electric mixer to beat together pumpkin puree, yogurt, spices, sugar, and vanilla.
- Gently fold coconut cream into pumpkin mixture. If desired, cut top off a small sugar pumpkin, scoop out the insides well and use for serving. Pour dip into pumpkin cavity (or desired serving bowl) and serve with cookies for dipping.
Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 236mg | Fiber: 1g
Please let us know what you think of our Halloween Dip recipe in the comments below.
Nutrition info is an estimate and may contain errors.
An award winning recipe developer, Dietitian Kaitlin’s mission is to empower others to reach their health goals by encouraging them to get back into the kitchen. Co-author of Nourished: 10 Ingredients to Happy, Healthy Eating and Cooking with Diabetes.